Re: commercial usage with odbc

От Mariusz Jadczak
Тема Re: commercial usage with odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you all for ( off-list ) answers.

I'm glad to hear, that postgres odbc driver works fine even with
access frontends. We definately won't use access frontends.
All our frontends will be c++ and i bet we will use borland builder.
That's the reason we are interested in odbc and borland components
cooperation. We have some unpleasant experiences with some other
database platform. There is no need ( and maybe shame ) to say its
name, as nobody will use it in real products anyway. We have
tried this because of historical reasons, and that was real pain.

I really hope it was odbc fault, not a borland builder itself.
Or is it possible access is better than c++ frontend?

Can someone give us a hope that borland builder + odbc will
give a good performance?

Regards, Mariusz Jadczak

Polsoft Engineering Sp. z o.o. 40-397 Katowice, ul.Lwowska 38
tel.(32)209-80-39,209-83-87 fax.(32)209-81-16
http://www.polsoft.pl