Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space

От David Ford
Тема Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think I've been successful here :)

I ran pg_dump from the new machine and it doesn't suffer the memory
blowup the old one does.  I gleaned 1.7G of data from it, doing inserts now.

_Thank you_ to everyone for their suggestions, this data is really
important.  I should have tried the new pg_dump in the first place.

David

Tom Lane wrote:

>David Ford <david@blue-labs.org> writes:
>
>>I had b5 on another machine and it didn't want to upgrade cleanly, thus
>>my attempt to dump/restore.
>>

>Now that I think about it, I believe you need to run the
>contrib/pg_resetxlog utility to update from 7.1beta5 to final.  If you
>do that (read its README first!) you should be able to do the update.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: What Is The Firing Order?