Re: SHOW

От Stephan Bergmann
Тема Re: SHOW
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

> Hmm, works for me.  What version of Postgres are you using?

I'm using 7.1.3 on Linux (compiled using the sources of pg).

But thanx to the output list of Oliver I now have the result:
how to get the header names of a table using the libpq. It's
very interesting, that using PostgreSQL I need to build a huge
query string:

  sprintf(pgquery2, "SELECT a.attname FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a
WHERE c.relname = '%s' AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid;",
ThisDBFileName);
  pgres = PQexec(pgsock2, pgquery2);

...when using e.g. MySQL I only need 4 words:

  sprintf(myquery2, "SHOW COLUMNS FROM %s", ThisDBFileName);
  if (mysql_query(mysql2, myquery2)) (...)

Thanx
Steve