Problem with libpsqlodbc

От Gilles DAROLD
Тема Problem with libpsqlodbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi all,

I have sent some patches to the OpenLDAP dev team to have it work with
PostgreSQL and they should be applied asap, I also write a HOWTO.
This works but with a not usefull or silly workaround.

If we want to have PG fully compatible with OpenLDAP we need to resolve
a problem regarding the libpsqlodbc library.

In OpenLDAP they call the function SQLBindParameter as follow:

SQLBindParameter(sth,1,SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT,SQL_C_ULONG,SQL_INTEGER,0,0,&new_keyval,0,0);

And then the statement is executed with SQLExecDirect as follow:

rc=SQLExecDirect(sth,oc->create_proc,SQL_NTS);

What they expected is that the 'new_keyval' pointer may be modified at
execution time, with the new unique identifier returned by the query,
typically a sequence number.

It works fine with other database (mySQL, Oracle, etc.) but not with
PostgreSQL, so I suppose that the problem comes from the odbc library.

What's the problem ? Is the SQLBindParameter call is wrong ?
My knowledge is not enougth to find it, please help...

If someone could explain me what's wrong I should probably correct the
problem !

Regards,

Gilles DAROLD