Re: Link to bug webpage

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
*whimper* I've been out of town for a week, and will not be able to
catch up with ~2000 email messages. So I can't even get to the end of
this thread. But I must agree that PostgreSQL development is pushing the
limits of what a person can keep up with.

> I am not interested in finding a mailing list _replacement_.  I am, however,
> interested in finding a augmentative solution that does well what mailing
> lists do not do well.

The fundamental problem with bug tracking has been that the available
tools do not fit with our obviously successful mailing-list centered
development process. I certainly would consider it a distraction to
consult that tool to be able to participate in development.

I *could* see some combination of bug tracker, volunteer maintainers,
and our beta release cycle as a mechanism for having us all participate
in clearing those reported bugs and non-bugs.
                      - Thomas