Re: Link to bug webpage

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Ford wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >Peter remarked that he wouldn't use a bug database unless it has some
> >input filtering to remove all the non-bug issues that currently clutter
> >the pgsql-bug archives.

So the first thing to decide is the purpose of the bug database, do we
want
to have

a) a marketing tool to show that we are bugfree and all bugs are fixed
fast  (at lest this is what started this thread :)

or

b) a convenient place to look up all open issues - here bugzilla would
be graet.

We have been using bugzilla with good results for our own projects
(mainly
Amphora http://www.amphora.ee/eng/ - a quite large groupware product
based on
Zope, PostgreSQL and other freeware technologies).

So if it does suit both a smaller-than-PGSQL  group of
programmers/testers/users
like us and a huge group like mozilla it should also suit a medium-sized
group
like postgreSQL.

Hannu