Re: Building pgtcl on OS X

От Daniel Luke
Тема Re: Building pgtcl on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Gugs E Lishus wrote:

> But the problem is that it creates a libpgtcl.so file, whereas tcl/tk
> seems to be looking for libpgtcl.dylib. Can anyone help me with the
> final steps here?

I am by no means an expert on this ... but it sounds like you are
running into one of the 'strange' things about Mac OS X (it doesn't use
the 'normal' dlopen() api).

There are a couple of options ... you can use the dlopen() shim (which
has it's own potential issues), or you can 'fix' the code to use the
native Mac OS X/Darwin dynamic loading stuff (check the apache source
code for a good example of how to do this, or look at the mailing list
archives at www.darwinfo.org).

I hope this helps.