Re: Link to bug webpage

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
A web-based interface allows people to submit bug reports they might
otherwise not be able to report.  Not everyone is able/willing to
sign-up to a mailing list, nor have newsfeed access.

The one we have (had) allows the reporting, but has the flaw of not
showing when something has been done about a bug.  That could be fixed
by either not keeping a history, or marking their status's as closed
when done.

At a minimum, I reckon we should have the web interface there, even if
it just pipes the report to the mailing list and doesn't keep a history
at all.

+ Justin

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yes, but we have to add items that don't come in through the database,
> > > and mark them as done/duplicates if we want it to be useful.
> >
> > Not necessarily.  If someone discovers one that's not in the database
> > they'll add it.  If it's already fixed it'll get closed out but will
> > still be in the database.  It's not intended to be a todo/isdone list
> > or a development history reference.  We have a TODO list and CVS for
> > that stuff.
>
> How do you communicate that to people looking at the content?  Do you
> put in big letters at the top, "This list is not complete."  The fact an
> items is missing from the list (new bug) is just as important as an item
> appearing on the list.
>
> --

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi