Postgresql log analyzer

От Gilles DAROLD
Тема Postgresql log analyzer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to develop a log analyzer for PostgreSQL logs and at
the first
stage I'm finding a little problem with the postgresql.conf option
log_timestamp.

The problem is that if this option is set to false we have no idea of when
the backend
is started:

DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-08-20 21:51:54 CEST
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 126088776)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 126088776); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 489793; NextOid: 77577
DEBUG:  database system is in production state

Is it possible to have it into the last line as we have the information of
the database
shutdown timestamp in the first line ?

Also, an other question is why using timestamp into the other log instead of
the value
of  time  in  seconds  since  the  Epoch like the time() function do ?

I don't know if it is speedest or not but if timestamp is system local
dependant
I think it should be very difficult to me to have a portable log analyzer...

Regards,

Gilles Darold