Re: New RPMS ?

От Fernando Lozano
Тема Re: New RPMS ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Trond,

> > Are there plans for 7.1.3 RPMS for Red Hat 6.2 and other systems using
> > the older glibc and rpm format?
>
> FWIW, while a version for RHL 6.2 makes sense because of glibc issues
> (and other libraries), the supported rpm format for RHL 6.2 is v4.
> Erratas (you have applied those, right? ;) also come in that format.

I have not aplied those. I don't know what I did wrong, but I broke two
systems (had to reinstall) when trying to update the rpm subsystem. But
that's my fault, I'll solve this eventually.

I'd like to have updated rpms for 6.2 for a number of packages and I
wonder if Red Hat or someone else will provide these or not. I am not
talking just about PostgreSQL now. It is not nice to provide support for
a number of customers without Unix and Linux culture and having to
recompile everything from sources. :-(

[]s, Fernando Lozano