Re: PostgresQL equivalent of NOCOUNT

От Dwayne Miller
Тема Re: PostgresQL equivalent of NOCOUNT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In doing some testing to see if PostgreSQL is a potential backend
database for our ColdFusion application,  I did the following...

created a table named dual (like the Oracle table)  that has one field
and one record...

create table dual (int4 dummy);
insert into dual (dummy) values (1);

// Should probably revoke all insert, update and deletes on dual from
everyone as this solution requires it to contain only one row.

Now from ColdFusion, I can select a sequence from dual and use that in
inserts and updates...

SELECT nextval('mysequence') AS PKEY FROM DUAL;
Your inserts and updates using #queryname.pkey#

One solution of many

Dwayne