Re: JDBC 2.0 conformance, documentation and todo list

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: JDBC 2.0 conformance, documentation and todo list
Дата
Re: Re: JDBC 2.0 conformance, documentation and todo list
Список pgsql-jdbc
Rene,

First off, thank you for pulling this information together in one place.
  It is really appreciated.

I was going through your list of issues and I had the following comments
to add:

Batch Updates
   The current implementation is poor.  As you point out the
implementation of storing up the statements and then executing them one
by one defeats the purpose of the batch methods.  The intended behaviour
is to send a set of updates/inserts in one round trip to the database.
The server does support this functionality (you can send multiple
statements in one call by using a semicolon as a statement separator).
The server will then execute them all at once.  The one limitation is
that the oid/row count returned by such a batch update only reflects the
oid/row count of the last statement in the batch.  In reading the spec
this behaviour is in conformance if not ideal.

DatabaseMetaData

getDatabaseProductVersion  -  I get a pass on this test when I run.
supportsANSI92EntryLevelSQL - Since postgres now does support outer
joins, I think the answer here should be yes.  I think the general
feeling is that if there is a deviation from entry level SQL92 it is a bug.

PreparedStatement

The bytea type is documented for 7.2.  You can see it in the current
docs off of the developers corner links.

The driver does implement setBlob the same way as setBinaryStream.  In
fact it uses setBinaryStream in it's implementation.  I believe that
setBlob is functionally correct in it's assumptions that the underlying
type is oid and thus a LargeObject.

General Requirements

ODBC escape processing is minimally handled.  The escapes for date
format are supported, but not the rest.

thanks,
--Barry