Re: Is it possible to Import tables and its data from M

От Michael Weaver
Тема Re: Is it possible to Import tables and its data from M
Дата
Список pgsql-general

We are doing exactly this ATM.

If you set-up a ODBC connection on your PostgreSQL server, you can export straight from Access to this ODBC connection.

In Access with the table you want to export selected;
Under File -> Export...
will bring up a save as dialog, scroll right down button of the "save as type:" till you get to "ODBC databases()"

This will bring up a dialog asking for the destination table name, make sure this is not a table that already exists.
Access will create the table for you and will refuse to work if the table already exists.
Click the Ok button.

Your table has been moved to PostgreSQL.

This can get laborious with lots of tables and there can be data conversion errors.

There is a Access DB that can automate this process:
http://www.geocities.com/musica_6898/postgresaccess_home.html

I couldn't get this to work properly, and had to resort to doing it all by hand, but for 40 tables I would defiantly consider some automated solution.

hope this helps
Mike.