Re: Filemaker and pgsql

От charlie derr
Тема Re: Filemaker and pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I'm very much interested in the same thing (accessing a postgresql
database with a filemaker pro front end via odbc), but I'm very new to
this ODBC stuff, so not much help yet.

Meanwhile, I have some simple questions about how to set things up on
linux (where my postgresql is installed).  I have tried both iodbc and
unixODBC, but so far haven't had any success yet.  I assume that I'm
supposed to use libpsqlodbc.so as my driver, but iodbc just seems to
crash when i try to use that for a driver, and unixODBC gives me a
"Could not construct a property list" error when i try to add a UserDSN
or a SystemDSN.   Also I notice that both iodbc and unixODBC have a
field for a "setup" file for the driver.  Does postgresql have such a
setup file?

Any advice as to what I might be missing or pointers to clear
documentation on these topics aimed at ODBC newbies would be greatly
appreciated.

    thanx so much in advance,
        ~c