Re: [PORTS] Compilation on Solaris 2.8

От Manoj Nair
Тема Re: [PORTS] Compilation on Solaris 2.8
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Andre,

We have also compiled postgres with gcc.
Our development environment uses Solaris Workshop,  and we tried some test
programs, compiled with Sun's Forte compiler, and using the gcc compiled
postgres libraries. This did not work.
We got linker errors like the following....

PgConnection::PgConnection #Nvariant 1(const char*)       testlibpq0.o
PgConnection::~PgConnection #Nvariant 1()          testlibpq0.o
int PgConnection::ConnectionBad() testlibpq0.o
void PgDatabase::DisplayTuples(__FILE*,int,const char*,int,int)
testlibpq0.o
ExecStatusType PgConnection::Exec(const char*) testlibpq0.o
const char*PgConnection::ErrorMessage() testlibpq0.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to testlibpq0
make: *** [testlibpq0] Error 1

Hence our attempt to compile Postgres with Sun's compiler...

Thanks,
Manoj