Re: [GENERAL] Re: QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > For a long time, I thougt HOWTO is docuement for "quick start". Isn't it?
> I'm not sure there is an understood meaning of what a HOWTO actually it.
> It's an explanation of how to do something, I guess... Generally I've found
> (as in your example) that it's putting software together and making it work,
> like Apache/SSL/Frontpage/something -- for that there is no single document
> that describes how to set it up. I really don't think the PostgreSQL
> installation guide could get much more simple -- why re-invent the wheel
> here?

To have adequate representation of PostgreSQL in the LDP docs set.

It may be sufficient to package the installation guide with some
Linux-specific FAQ information (which afaik is now obsolete and could be
freshened and moved to the SGML-based docs).

                      - Thomas