Re: small ODBC problem

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: small ODBC problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Jaeho,Huh (dduma@personaldb.net) reports a bug with a severity of 3
>
> Short Description
> small ODBC problem
>
> Long Description
> In console, if I execute the multiple statements including with one error statement, then all statements will succeed
exceptthe one error statement. ( Of courcse I didn't use the 'BEGIN WORK' )

> But in ODBC, if I execute the multiple statements including with one error statement, then all of the statements will
notsucceed. In other words, multiple statements are executed in transaction state in ODBC though without 'BEGIN WORK'.

> I think ODBC run should be the same with the console.
>
> Is it a bug?

A multi-statements query is treated as one command.
It's a spec of PostgreSQL though it's not well known.
Psql separates it into multiple commands and call
them one by one by itself.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Namrata
Сообщение: problem with compilation!
От: Ganesh Prasad
Сообщение: Polymorphism in the PostgreSQL object model