Re: Regression on 7.1.2 fails 17/76 - is it up to date?

От Allan Engelhardt
Тема Re: Regression on 7.1.2 fails 17/76 - is it up to date?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

> Allan Engelhardt <allane@cybaea.com> writes:
> > I'm asking, because my installation reports: "17 of 76 tests failed, 1
> > of these failures ignored."  This seems an awful lot for a recent
> > download..
>
> Your installation seems to be *seriously* broken.  Don't even consider

I've had a more careful look, and most (though not all) of my issues seem to stem from one of two problems:

1. My system seems to have an "interesting" definition of character comparisons (i.e. it says 'A' > 'a')
2. The COPY statements do not work because the path is wrong for the RPM build.

My notes so far are below.  Thanks for all the help so far -  I guess I still need soem ideas on the collating
sequence. Couldn't find anything in the manuals.

Allan.

CHAR

1. Fails because

  test=> SELECT 'A' < 'a';
   ?column?
  ----------
  (1 row)

where it expects t.

  test=> \encoding
  SQL_ASCII

The only local environment variable is LANG=en_US, which I don't think
will cause this problem?

VARCHAR

1. This seems to be the same problem as above....

INT8

1. The regression test for int8 fails on my system because it does not
expect the currency symbol in

  test=> select to_char(123, 'L999');
   to_char
  ---------
   $ 123
  (1 row)

I'm not sure what the problem is.  The server is started with
LANG="en_US" and all other locale parameters unset (AFAICT).  This is
the default from the RPM startup script, so I don't know what the
problem is.

NUMERIC

Same problem as int8

ABSTIME

Fails because the date 'Jun 30, 2001' is hard-coded.... :-)

COPY

Fails because of invalid path: assumes
/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress/foo when path is ./regress/foo (or
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-whatever/src/test/regress/foo)

SELECT_DISTINCT_ON

1. Hmm, lots of "this will fail..." comments in the code, and it does.

=> XXX Further investigation.

SELECT_IMPLICIT

Simply an issue of the character colating sequence -- see above.

SELECT_HAVING

Simply an issue of the character colating sequence -- see above.

AGGREGATES

1. The onek table is not populated, probably becayse of the COPY
problems earlier??

=> XXX Check

RANDOM

Random always fails because onek table is not populated; see above.

MISC

1. Fails because COPY operation fals because of invalid path....see
   above

2. Other problems look like a feature change "the next two queries
   demonstrate how functions generate bogus duplicates"...?

==> XXX Check.

1. Have to look carefully - looks the same.  Length of line???

PORTALS

1. Guessing that the tenk1 and tenk2 tables are not set up correctly
   because of COPY problems....
   => XXX Check

Сообщение: Re: Character collating order
Сообщение: Re: Character collating order