Re: About table column names.

От Mark Stosberg
Тема Re: About table column names.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
David BOURIAUD wrote:

> Hi the list !
> As far as I know, column names for a table can't contain any space,
> tabs, and other sort of "exotic" characters.

In fact, I know you can have at least spaces in your column names, like this:

mark=> create table t ("column one" text);
CREATE

Just put quotes around them.

> Is there a way to add a
> description of a table column anywhere in postgres tables, or does it
> have to be handled manually by creating a custum table handling this
> kind of datas ? Thanks by advance for any suggestion.

I'm interested in this, too. It seems more useful than having them in a
SQL file...which can sometimes get out of synch with the database. :)
 -mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: