Re: Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1

От Thomas Swan
Тема Re: Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jeffrey:

dump_all the old DB (with the current version of postgres running)
stop the old postmaster
copy that DB directory (ie /var/lib/pgsql) to an alternate location
create a new directory for the location you want postgresql to run,
(i.e. the old location)
check the permissions on it...
start the new version of postgresql...
do the import (as postgres) ...

I think that would be the best way to go about it.  It's a lot easier
than sorting out multiple postmasters, ports, etc...

If everything goes well, you should be up and running.  If not, you can
restore the old directory and run the old backend...

Hope this helps...

Thomas