Re: Compile errors on Solaris 8

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Compile errors on Solaris 8
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
William Osmond wrote:

> Yes, I am going to be running everything on the solaris 8 machine.  I have, however, answered my own question and
managedget it to compile correctly.  To fix it (in case anyone posts a similar problem in the future, change the
followingin src/Makefile.shlibs
> ----
> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), solaris)
>   shlib                 := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_
> VERSION)
>   LINK.shared           = $(COMPILER) -G
>   ifeq ($(with_gnu_ld), yes)
>     LINK.shared         += -Wl,-soname,$(soname)
>   else
>     LINK.shared         += -Wl,-h,$(soname)
>   endif
>   SHLIB_LINK            += -lm -lc -lsocket -lnsl
> endif
> ----
> The SHLIB_LINK line only contained lm and lc, and lsocket and lnsl needed to be added in order for the unresolved
symbolsto go away.

Are you compiling on a PostgreSQL source tree ?
You seem to be using unixODBC driver manager.
unixODBC has its own source for postgres driver.
You had better use the driver for unixODBC.

> I'm now having a different problem, though.
> When I run isql to test my configuration with the current driver, I get the following:

Did you start the postmaster with -i option ?
Did you change the pg_hba.conf to allow an access
from localhost ?
What message could you see in the server log ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: ODBC changes
От: William Osmond
Сообщение: Re: Compile errors on Solaris 8