Documentation problem in postgresql-7.0.2

От John Summerfield
Тема Documentation problem in postgresql-7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
My application runs slower than a month of Sundays.

I found, quite by accident, that I need to "Turn off auto-commit."

Nowhere, and I've even resorted to running grep over the documentation,
can I find any cluse as to ahow I  "Turn off auto-commit."

I don't understand why I should have to  "Turn off auto-commit," - I
think it should be off by default as the way it operates at present I
can see causing worse problems that just rotten performance, but that
aside, users need easy-to-find information about how to  "Turn off
auto-commit."

I suggest that every point where commit and rollback are discussed,
there should be information about how to  "Turn off auto-commit," even
if only a link.

Besides fixing the documentation for everyone, I'd like some information
now about how to  "Turn off auto-commit." Otherwise I fear my program is
going to run for weeks.

 --
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.