Re: ER diagrams

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: ER diagrams
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martin,

Just to clarify this, does Visio 2000 work specifically with PostgreSQL,
or does it do it generically through ODBC or similar?

Either way, it sounds like it works and should be included in the ERD
Tools section on the techdocs website
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#erd).

Does that sound appropriate?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

martin.chantler@convergys.com wrote:

> Visio 2000 can do this (maybe not all versions though)
> It can import a database and draw the links (P.K's)
>
> I found Visio was a bit cruddy. Its clunky and easy to muck things
> up, links also seem to unlink themselves. If there's a better (open source)
> tool I would also like to know about it!
>
> Martin Chantler
> UK
>
> Marc SCHAEFER <schaefer@alphanet.ch>@postgresql.org on 10/05/2001 09:05:07
>
> Sent by:  pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
>
> To:   pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> cc:
> Subject:  [GENERAL] ER diagrams
>
> Hi,
>
> do you know of a tool which could be used to easily generate
> entity-relationship diagrams (with integrity constraints, etc), in LaTeX
> for example ?
>
> This is a bit unlinked with PostgreSQL but I hope you won't hit me :)
>
> Thank you.

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl
>
> --
>
> NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
> intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
> entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
> privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you have received this electronic
> mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email
> or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be
> corrected.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

     - Indira Gandhi