what is: idle in transaction

От Peter J. Schoenster
Тема what is: idle in transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have an app originally written to use mysql and I've switched to
postgresql as I want to use commit/rollback ... and in my tests all
is working well.

I've got a bunch of these when I run ps ax (about same amount of
both about 7/8 instances):

> postgres: admin igo [local] idle
> postgres: admin igo [local] idle in transaction

and I don't know why. I did some searching in the archives but I
didn't find anything. Could someone point me to the documentation
that speaks of this?  I'm using RH 6.2 with psql (PostgreSQL) 7.1

Thanks,

Peter

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick