Re: Regexps -- too complex?

От Emils Klotins
Тема Re: Regexps -- too complex?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> SELECT id, title,publishdate,categoryid FROM articles WHERE
> upper(title) ~ '(BLACK|SERIOUS|SAM)[[:>:]]'::text ;
>
> I think the proiblem is in trnsalte, not in regexp
>
> If you have installed apprporiate character encoding in Postgres,
> 'upper' will work!
>
>  Vladimir

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, it does not seem to work that
way.

CREATE TABLE "test" (       "title" text
);
COPY "test" FROM stdin;
Serious Sam ceïâ pie pircçjiem
Black & White gaidîðanas svçtki
Lorgaine: The Black Standard - íeltu varoòeposs
Lorgaine: The Black Standard beta versija
Black&White tomçr neesot spiegu programma
Black & White FAQ
Black & White "ïaunais" FAQ
Black & White - pârdotâkâ spçle ASV
\.

SELECT title FROM test WHERE title ~ '(BLACK|WHITE|SAM)';

yields 8 rows.

SELECT title FROM test WHERE title ~
'(BLACK|WHITE|blahblah|SAM)';

yields 0 rows!

SELECT title FROM test WHERE title ~ '(BLACK|WHITE|SAM) *';
also yields 0 rows!

I dont think this is right no matter what the characters I am using
there. At least it shouldn't, should it?

Emils

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: