Re: Cannot Create plpqsql function!

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Cannot Create plpqsql function!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Using postgresql 6.5.2 on RedHat linux 6.1. Getting the following
> error while creating function:
> ERROR:  Procedures cannot take more than 8 arguments
> Any pointers? Do not tell me to go for version 7. I may not have that
> time to go for a change.

You have two choices:
1) do the Thing Which Cannot Be Mentioned, or
2) stop trying to create functions with more than 8 arguments

PostgreSQL (at least for 6.5.x) had an 8-member array defined to hold
function arguments, and afaik it is a hard upper limit. Much easier to
do (1) than to try to recode the 6.5.x backend to accomodate it.

                    - Thomas