Re: creating tables that are visible across databases

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: creating tables that are visible across databases
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Mark Stosberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'd like to create some tables that would visible across databases,
> much like the postgres system tables. These would be for "static" data,
> such as state and country codes, and geo-spatial data. I couldn't find
> this mentioned in the docs, but unless this feature of the system tables
> is magical, it appears to be possible. Did I miss an explanation in some
> docs, or could someone give me a pointer?
>   Thanks!

you could create the tables using a template database, in which case
they would be created when you create a new database using that template
(look at "createdb -T" to see how this works).  this may not be what
you're looking for because they wouldn't be shared across databases,
they would just be copied into the new database when it was created.  i
don't think there's a way to have shared access to those tables.

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: