Re: 7.1 RPMs

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: 7.1 RPMs
Дата
Re: Re: 7.1 RPMs  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do we need to start thinking about an RPM mailing list?  Seems there is
> lots of traffic.

The delete key is your friend. So is procmail, if you just can't stand
to see the letters "R", "P", and "M" too close together ;)

I'm not a big fan of the trend to fork off a mailing list anytime more
than a few messages on a single topic come through. The synergy and
cross-pollination that we get by having us all see various topics wrt
development far outweigh the minor annoyance to some on having to delete
topics they don't find interesting.

As an example, RPM building is only a part of the general packaging of
PostgreSQL, but it illustrates issues which anyone touching
configuration or Makefiles should be aware of. So forcing "those Linux
people" onto some specialty list weakens the knowledge base we all could
draw from.

All imho of course...
                 - Thomas