Re: Re: ongoing holy grail thread - VICTORY!!!

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Re: ongoing holy grail thread - VICTORY!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tony,

That's great to hear.  :-)

You need a saying like "'twas a long hard battle, but in the end we
emerged victorious" about now.  Heh Heh Heh

Tony Grant wrote:

> Does not work, must be "host db_name IP user ident"
>
> Maybe this has something to do with java security???

Dunno.  Errr... could be.

> Please bear with me on this one people: I'll try to write up a sort of
> HOWTO to document for this. But it has taken me a week full time so far
> and I have to get back to looking after my clients.

Weekend is afoot too.  Relax, have fun.  :-)

> For now the secret was a clean install of _everything_ on a developpment
> server. Everything meaning RedHat 7.0 on down to the Apache module...
>
> I think that we should maybe get this info out to Macromedia to
> supplement the MySQL stuff that is already in Ultradev.

I agree.  If you can get the info to the rest of us too, we can make it
available for people cruising part the mailing list archives, techdocs
website, etc.

From memory Macromedia has their Macromedia Exchange area where people
can share and contribe extensions for Dreamweaver, Ultradev, etc.  They
also have a newsletter.

Wonder how you would get a mention that PostgreSQL works with it in
their monthly newsletter?  Probably be quite a few people interested in
hearing that.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift