Case insensitive columns

От Christoph Strebin
Тема Case insensitive columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a problem similar to that described by Shaw Terwilliger on
2001-03-14 (Subject: Case Insensitive CHECK CONSTRAINTs):

I need some case insensitive char/varchar columns. A unique index on
lower(col_name) would help to avoid multiple entries only differing in
case. But it would be nice if existing applications which rely on case
insensitivity need not be changed. Also, I get foreign key constraint
violations when importing case insensitive data from Sybase.

How can I define case insensitive variants of all character types? Or
are there any other solutions?

Thanks!

--
Christoph Strebin

SoftDevel AG  ·  Haart 32  ·  D-24534 Neumünster
phone:  +49 (0) 4321 / 85 15 0  ·  fax:  +49 (0) 4321 / 85 15 15
eMail: cstrebin@softdevel.com  ·  url:  http://www.softdevel.com