Re: JDBC compile

От Homayoun Yousefi'zadeh
Тема Re: JDBC compile
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tony Grant wrote:

> Can someone please point me to a precompiled jdbc driver for 7.1RC4 and
> JDK1.3
>
> I just don't have the patience to figure out what is going wrong here.
>
> /usr/share/ant
>
> Ant install made a /usr/share/java withe the jar files in it.
>
> Java is installed on the machine as /usr/java/jdk1.3
>
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>     [javac] 4 errors
>
> is all that this gives me.
>
> Hey guys it has to be easier than this the rest of the compile went
> really well...

 From what you are describing, you should have warnings
rather than errors. You may actually be OK.

You need to copy the file
postgresql.jar to JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ if it has
been created. Simply ignore the deprecation msg's
and see whether you can connect to a sample database
using the driver.

Check the content of the jar file w/ jar tvf postgresql.jar
if the driver file is there but the connection fails.

Thanks,
HY