Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler wrote:
> By extracting pg_config from the following:

>     ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pub/dev/test-rpms/postgresql-devel-7.1RC2-1.i386.rpm

> I have discovered that at least one PostgreSQL Distribution is
> configured as follows:

>     --enable-locale --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --with-perl
>     --enable-multibyte --with-tcl --with-odbc --enable-syslog
>     --with-python --sysconfdir=/etc/pgsql --mandir=/usr/man
>     --docdir=/usr/doc --includedir=/usr/include/pgsql
>     --datadir=/usr/share/pgsql

And I'm using 'pgsql' instead of 'postgresql' for historical reasons, as
I must fit the RPMset into an environment where the data has lived for
ages in /var/lib/pgsql, the libraries have lived forever in
/usr/lib/pgsql....  Changing to using 'postgresql' is currently not
planned. I may do so for a future version, however, if the _need_
arises.

After all, even on postgresql.org, the snapshots extract to the 'pgsql'
tree.  Yes, it is inconsistent.

> Should I be using the above?  Or, at least the directory affecting
> options (with possibly pgsql replaced by postgresql as you previously
> suggested)?

For your application, you can pretty much dictate where everything will
go as there really isn't a preexisting standard layout.  However, to get
the 'postgresql' part of the directory name only requires that you drop
the 'pgsql' from the above -- the 'postgresql' will be automatically
appended.

Glad you're grabbing the bull by the horns, though!
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution