Re: Re: 7.1 RC1 RPM

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: 7.1 RC1 RPM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> FYI: I successfully built a beta4 RPM for Mandrake, having to make only
> the following changes:

> 1) add -fno-fast-math to the CFLAGS set from RPM_OPT_FLAGS. This fixes
> the date/time rounding problems. Would seem to be a non-invasive fix to
> put this in for every build, or to flag it as a Mandrake-only feature
> (but I have not gotten a suggestion on how to do that).

I've got the code Tom and I came up with to deal with the LinuxPPC
nonsense of a few releases ago...  That or similar would be the ticket.
A sed pipeline re-setting CFLAGS by removing 'unsafe' options from the
flags would be useful.

I'm working on a 'what distribution is this' deal for the spec file.
> 2) explicitly remove Pg.bs from the list of files for the perl
> installation. On my system (with perl-5.6.0) that is a zero-length file
> which seems to disappear (or never gets copied) during the installation
> process. Not sure why it does not propagate, but it does not seem to be
> essential.

Interesting. I have found a couple of other non-props -- including the
README.rpm-dist, for some reason.  I'm going to have to trace the build
in detail.  And the html docs tree is going to the wrong place...

In any case, a unified or context diff against the 7.1beta4 spec would
be useful.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio