Re: Re: Call for platforms

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Re: Call for platforms
Дата
Re: Re: Call for platforms  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> "PPC750"?  What's that?  "PPC G3" might be more likely to mean something
> to onlookers ...

Actually "G3" means nothing outside of Apple afaict. The 750 series is a
follow-on to the 60x series, and there is a 7xxx series also. From my
pov, using an accepted label, rather than a marketing (re)label, better
indicates *what* this actually can run on. I'm not sure that I have it
labeled correctly yet, but "G3" is not a step in the right direction.

As we both found, it is difficult to wade through Apple's own docs to
decipher which processor is actually built into the system.

Should I put "Mac G3" in the comment section?
                      - Thomas