RPM building (was regression on RedHat)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема RPM building (was regression on RedHat)
Дата
Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)  (teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød))
Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's a good start to test with for the purposes for which I think you want to
> test for.  (and I'm an English teacher by night -- argh).

:)

Mandrake (as of 7.2) still does a brain-dead mix of "-O3" and
"-ffast-math", which is a risky and unnecessary combination according to
the gcc folks (and which kills some of our date/time rounding). From the
man page for gcc:

-ffast-mathThis  option  should never be turned on by any `-O' optionsince it can result in incorrect output for
programswhichdepend on an exact implementation of IEEE  or  ANSIrules/specifications for math functions.

I'd like to get away from having to post a non-brain-dead /root/.rpmrc
file which omits the -ffast-math flag. Can you suggest mechanisms for
putting a "-fno-fast-math" into the spec file? Isn't there a mechanism
to mark things as "distro specific"? Suggestions?

Also, I'm getting the same symptom as I had for 7.0.3 with a
"disappearing file". Anyone seen this? I recall tracing this back for
the 7.0.3 case and found that Pg.bs existed in the build tree, at least
at some point in the build, but then goes away. 7.0.2, at least at the
time I did the build, did not have the problem :(

File not found: /var/tmp/postgresql-7.1beta4-root/ (cont'd) usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/Pg/Pg.bs
                     - Thomas