Re: Cant connect if -B 1024 was set to postmaster

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Cant connect if -B 1024 was set to postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Brent R. Matzelle" wrote:
> >: I remember having this problem. You need to pass the '-i' switch.
> >: Try: '-B 1024 -i'

> Can anyone shed some light on why adding '-i' worked?

Yes.  The default RPM installation includes a 'postmaster.opts' file
with '-i' already in place.  The additional command line parameters
apparently broke the extant -i.  How did I know this was an RPM
installation?  Familiarity breeds contempt -- and I'm the RPM
maintainer. :-)

Just in case you don't know, the '-i' parameter is what allows
poastmaster to accept TCP/IP connections.  Without -i, postmaster only
accepts local Unix domain sockets, not TCP/IP ones.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio