Re: embedded sql pointer to structure question

От Feite Brekeveld
Тема Re: embedded sql pointer to structure question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:58:06PM +0100, Feite Brekeveld wrote:
> >  Exec sql begin declare section;
> >    MYREC *pmr = &mr;
> >
> >  exec sql end declare section;
> > I get the message :        ERROR: The variable id is not declared
>
> Yes, this is a known limintation. It's even listed in the TODO file. For
> ECPG to be able to understand your variable it has to know the definition of
> the struct. Since it is not listed in your declare section it cannot learn
> the details and thus won't be able to parse the construct.
>
> Please try:
>
> exec sql begin declare section;
> struct {
>    int id;
>    char value[40];
> } *pmr;
> exec sql end declare section;

If I do that ( tried that already ) I get an eror message:

            pmr is not a pointer

at the point where I reference to it in the query:

exec sql select ....bla bla ... where id = :pmr->id

Is there more detailed documentation somewhere then whats going with the
postgres distribution ?

--
Feite Brekeveld
feite.brekeveld@osiris-it.nl