Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, that's exactly *why* we need an overridable default.  Or would you
> like to try to do some performance measurements in configure?

At this point I'm more comfortable with a compile-time option
(determined statically or in a configure compilation test, not a
performance test), rather than a GUC variable. But imho 7.1 will be nice
with either choice, and if you think that a variable will make it easier
for developers to do tuning from a distance (as opposed to having it
just confuse new users) then... ;)
                   - Thomas