Re: Sheduling in SQL

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Sheduling in SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I've built applications that do roughly this sort of thing in Postgres
> (some of the protocol changes in 6.4 were done to make it easier ;-)).

I may misremember, but IIRC some older protocol (or at least libpq)
returned 0 as backend pid to listening client if it was notified by itself.

Currently it returns the actual pid for any backend. Is this what you
changed?

Anyhow we need some _documented_ way to get backend pid (there is one
actually received and stored with "cookie" for Ctrl-C processing, but
AFAIK it is neither documented as being the backend id nor is there a
function to get at it).

For my own use I created a C function pid() but perhaps there should be
something mainstream for this.

Hannu