Re: Unrecognized variable client_encoding

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Unrecognized variable client_encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> > NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
> I'm running into the same error message & I'm not sure how I got my client
> and server out of sync.
>  I did an install of 7.0.3 on a RedHat Linux 6.2 box that has had all
> previous versions of postgreSQL removed.

How do you know that you removed all previous versions? What do you get
when you type

  which psql

and does it match the one you installed from tarball?

> I also tried recompiling with the multibyte enabled.  This time I got an
> error along the lines of : multibyte is not enabled.
> Your installation may not have been successful.

Did you do a "make clean" before or after reconfiguring? If not, it did
not actually rebuild from source code.

                        - Thomas