Re: Re: xlog loose ends, continued

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Re: xlog loose ends, continued
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Maybe there should be an error message like :

"PostgreSQL has detected severe xlog corruption.  Please fix this with
pg_recover (or similar) manually before restarting the database"?

Guess I'm suggesting a separate xlog recovery tool for "bad cases" of
xlog corruption, so decisions can by manually made by a DBA where
necessary.  Not everything has to be automatic I'm thinking.  There are
probably times where the dBA would prefer behaviour that doesn't seem
intuitive anyway.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift