Re: Memory requirments

От Poul L. Christiansen
Тема Re: Memory requirments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I don't think there is any typical memory requirment. People usually
give PostgreSQL a lot of memory to get better performance. Ideally the
amount of memory is the same as the amount of data your storing in your
database. This way PostgreSQL can cache all the data and never have to
read data from the disk.

But this scenario assumes that you have mostly SELECT queries.

You have to remember to set the -B flag on postmaster to set the
shared-memory size.

HTH,
Poul L. Christiansen