Re: porting question: funky uid names?

От Mark Bixby
Тема Re: porting question: funky uid names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Oh, of course: foo.bar is not a single token to the boot scanner.
> It needs to be in quotes.  Try this patch (line numbers are for 7.1
> but probably OK for 7.0.*)

...snip...
> --- src/include/catalog/pg_shadow.h     Fri Mar  9 16:57:53 2001
...snip...
> ! DATA(insert OID = 0 ( "POSTGRES" PGUID t t t t _null_ _null_ ));
>
>   #endif         /* PG_SHADOW_H */
>
> You'll need to rebuild global.bki (over in src/backend/catalog)
> afterwards, but the executables don't change.

I modified pg_shadow.h as instructed and ran a make from src, and that rebuilt
global1.bki.source in src/backend/catalog.

However, when I did make runtest, it appears to install from
src/backend/global1.bki.source which was still the old version.  I modified
that old version by hand and reran make runtest.  The uid name error has been
solved.  Thanks!

So why is there a backend/global1.bki.source *and* a
backend/catalog/global1.bki.source?

But now runcheck dies during the install of PL/pgSQL, with createlang
complaining about a missing lib/plpgsql.sl.

I did do an MPE implementation of dynloader.c, but I was under the dim
impression this was only used for user-added functions, not core
functionality.  Am I mistaken?  Are you dynaloading core functionality too?

It seems that plpgsql.sl didn't get built.  Might be an autoconf issue, since
quite frequently config scripts don't know about shared libraries on MPE.  I
will investigate this further.
--
mark@bixby.org
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve scarce California electrons...