Re: How to handle waitingForLock in LockWaitCancel()

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: How to handle waitingForLock in LockWaitCancel()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I Inoue wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> > > [ backtrace snipped ]
> >
> > Hmm, this is definitely not operating as intended: LockWaitCancel is
> > getting interrupted, because ProcessInterrupts may be called when it's
> > trying to acquire the lockmanager spinlock, and ProcessInterrupts will
> > see the ProcDiePending flag already set.  I think the correct fix (or
> > at least part of it) is in postgres.c's die():
> >
> >         /*
> >          * If it's safe to interrupt, and we're waiting for input or a lock,
> >          * service the interrupt immediately
> >          */
> >         if (ImmediateInterruptOK && InterruptHoldoffCount == 0 &&
> >             CritSectionCount == 0)
> >         {
> > +           /* bump holdoff count to make ProcessInterrupts() a no-op */
> > +           /* until we are done getting ready for it */
> > +           InterruptHoldoffCount++;
> >             DisableNotifyInterrupt();
> >             /* Make sure HandleDeadLock won't run while shutting down... */
> >             LockWaitCancel();
> > +           InterruptHoldoffCount--;
> >             ProcessInterrupts();
> >         }
> >
> > QueryCancelHandler probably needs similar additions.
> >

> Agreed. Adding similar code to QueryCancelHandler seems
> sufficient.

Is it OK to commit the change before 7.1 release ?
I want to do it before forgetting this issue.
(I've completely forgotten the CheckPoint hang problem
I reported once until I see your report today).

Regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: Internationalized error messages
Сообщение: Re: Internationalized error messages