Re: compilation error

От Daniel A. Melo
Тема Re: compilation error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.aca wrote:

> > The configure could not find some headers files (limits.h, netdb.h,
> > pwd.h...) .
> > i searched for them  and they are in
> > "/usr/src/linux-2.2.17/include/linux" and " /usr/include"
>
> Are you saying that there is only 1 of each of those files,
> distributed across the 2 different directory trees, or that
> both directory trees contain files with those names?

both contain files with those names and i´ve found other directories with
files like those....

> I believe I've seen mention that application programs (like
> PostgreSQL) should NOT be using kernel headers.  Apparently
> that is going to be made more difficult in the 2.4.x series.

And what headers should i use?????

> > i´ve tryed:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix="/usr/local/pgsql" --with-perl --with-odbc
> > --with-includes="/usr/src/linux-2.2.17/include/linux    /usr/include"

It´s exactly like the postgres html manual....

> This doesn't quite look right (the includes directive).  I would
> expect something like a PATH statement
>  /usr/src/linux-2.2.17/include/linux:/usr/include
> or
>  --with-includes=/usr/src/linux....  --with-includes=/usr/include
> But, since /usr/include should always be part of the includes
> path,

but the limits.h was not in /usr/include and i made a copy from
/usr/src/linux-2.2.17/include/linux:/ to there...

was it wrong?

what should i do now???

[]´s

Daniel A.