Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster
Дата
Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> This will try a pg_ctl shutdown for 60 seconds, then kill pg_ctl.  You
> would then need a kill of you own.

I missed something somehwere: wasn't the consensus a few weeks ago that
pg_ctl shouldn't be used for a system initscript?  Or did I black out
that day? :-)  I certainly have no problem using pg_ctl for this purpose
-- as I have been using pg_ctl to start postmaster all along (then why
am I not using it to stop -- don't answer that :-))......
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster
Сообщение: Re: How to shoot yourself in the foot: kill -9 postmaster