Re: CORBA and PG

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: CORBA and PG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm trying to look to see if I can store CORBA objects inside PG, any
> ideas...

CORBA has mechanisms for locating and executing remote objects. Some
services, like the naming service, could use a database as a persistant
store. Other services, like the implementation repository, could use a
database to hold rules for *how* to start a service, as well as holding
persistant info.

CORBA IORs are glue holding clients and servers together; storing those
in a database would make them persistant (as mentioned above for the
naming service). An actual CORBA object typically is an executable,
which would need to be stored as a binary object. Not sure what storing
that in a database would do for you; perhaps you could give us a use
case?
                          - Thomas