Re: 7.0 vs 7.1 running select count(*) FROM table WHERE (SELECT count(*) ) > 0;

От Joseph Shraibman
Тема Re: 7.0 vs 7.1 running select count(*) FROM table WHERE (SELECT count(*) ) > 0;
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Rod Taylor" <rod.taylor@inquent.com> writes:
> > Query on 7.0 on Ultra II took over 5 hours.  Query on 7.1 on x86 took
> > under 10 seconds.  Same data.
>
> Good ... I guess, because I'm not sure why the difference.  We haven't
> done very much in the optimizer since 7.0.  What are the full
> declarations of these tables and their indexes?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Sometimes your production and development machines have different data
so behave differently.  With postgres this is more of a problem than in
general because of the planner.

RT: have you tried the same query with the same data on your development
machine with 7.0?

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net