Re: create function w/indeterminate number of args?

От Andrew Perrin
Тема Re: create function w/indeterminate number of args?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
In case anyone else was interested in this issue: I hadn't fully
understood the power of the fact that min(int4,int4) was a different
function from min(int4,int4,int4).  It's not exactly an implementation
of an indeterminate number of arguments, but I used the feature to make
min() work for any number of arguments up to 6.  The method is obviously
extensible further, but 6 is all I need for the moment. It's still ugly,
but maybe slightly less so than Ansley's kind solution.  Here's the SQL
code:

CREATE FUNCTION min(int4, int4)
RETURNS int4
AS 'BEGIN   IF $1 > $2   THEN       RETURN $2;   ELSE       RETURN $1;   END IF;   END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE FUNCTION min(int4,int4,int4)
RETURNS int4
AS 'BEGIN   RETURN min($1, min($2, $3));   END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE FUNCTION min(int4,int4,int4,int4)
RETURNS int4
AS 'BEGIN   RETURN min(min($1,$2),min($3,$4));   END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE FUNCTION min(int4,int4,int4,int4,int4)
RETURNS int4
AS 'BEGIN   RETURN min($1,min($2,$3),min($4,$5));   END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE FUNCTION min(int4,int4,int4,int4,int4,int4)
RETURNS int4
AS 'BEGIN   RETURN min(min($1,$2),min($3,$4),min($5,$6));   END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

> Michael Ansley wrote:
>
> Really ugly, but you could cast to string and concatenate with commas:
>
> minimum(arg1 || ',' || arg2 || ',' || arg3 || ',' || arg4 || ',' ||
> arg5)
>
> i.e.:
>
> create function minimum(text) returns integer
>
> and then do the parsing internally ('specially if you're using perl).
> Pretty bad, but it's an option ;-)

Andrew J. Perrin - Programmer/Analyst, Desktop Support
Children's Primary Care Research Group, UNC - Chapel Hill
(919)966-9394 * andrew_perrin@unc.edu

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: