Re: Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> Mensaje citado por: Steve O'Hagan <sohagan@dont-spam-me-stanger.com.hk>:
>
> > Any utilities around which would ease the pain involved in migrating an
> > m$
> > sql6.5 database running on WinNT box to postgres running on a Linux
> > box??
> >
> > If no such utilities around - any advice on strategy to adopt??
>
> Just a few guesses.
> 1) ODBC?
> 2) I'm not sure on how MSSQL dumps, but if you can have it dump an SQL style
> file, it would be easy to upload it to postgres, via psql.
>
> Saludos... :-)
>
> System Administration: It's a dirty job,
> but someone told I had to do it.
> Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
> Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
> Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

MSSQL will dump a sql file which would be useful, with some editing, in
recreating a database.  It will also export to text, which would be useful for
importing data.  Stored procedures will not work.  You will need to rewrite
them by hand.  Ugh.

Ian